Build The Dream
Capital Campaign for the Fannin County Children's Center
About This Campaign
Over the last 25 years, our center has served hundreds of children from hard places each year. Our center has continued to evolve and develop to meet the growing and changing needs of our community's most vulnerable children. As we think and dream about the next 25 years and beyond, we know there is a need for a larger facility….one where we have room for all of our staff and services, as well as room to co-locate with our multidisciplinary team members from CPS, law enforcement, prosecution, medical and mental health. As the population of our community grows, we anticipate that the number of children we will be called upon to serve will also continue to grow. We already have a great team of people working on finding our next home. We are actively looking for land to purchase and have drafted up preliminary plans for building a new place. Your donation today will be used to purchase land and/or build our new facility. With your gift, we will be ready to meet the challenges that lie ahead so that kids from hard places will always have a safe place and someone on their side to help them as they heal and grow.
Goals for our new facility:
• Waiting Areas - expanded and separate waiting areas to improve safety, comfort and confidentiality
• Office Space - increased office space for additional staff to keep up with the growing needs of victims and our community
• Co-location with Multidisciplinary Team - increased office space to allow for co-location with CPS, law enforcement, prosecution and medical professionals
• Medical Exam Room - addition of a medical exam room so victims of physical and sexual abuse will no longer have to travel out of county for non-acute specialized medical exams. (Acute exams, which are needed when the last known abuse happened in less than 120 hours, will still be referred to hospitals in neighboring counties that have specially trained medical personnel.)
• Conference Rooms - larger conference room and additional smaller conference rooms for the multiple trainings and meetings held at our center as well as for other uses such as our annual Christmas and School Supply Drives.
• Therapy Rooms - increased number of rooms designated and designed for specialized trauma focused therapy for victims and their protective family members.
• Rainbow Room - larger room to hold new clothing, diapers, shoes and other items needed by children and families and adjustable shelving and hanging racks to better adapt to the fluctuating inventory in our room.
• Outdoor Space - our current center has no usable outdoor space; the new facility will have secured space designed for several purposes, including therapy for children and families, play and break time for our facility dog Render and stress-relieving and team building time for the staff, volunteers and partner agency professionals
• Parking - there will be ample parking for all who come to the center, including those who are disabled. There will be separate, secured parking area for the staff and professionals who regularly work at the center.
• Natural Lighting - greatly increased amount of natural lighting
• Storage - much more storage space planned
• Safety, Security and Confidentiality - improved building design and technology to greatly improve safety, security and confidentiality
• Future growth - the building will be designed with future growth in mind, so that additional offices or meeting rooms can simply be added on to the existing building when needed. In addition, new space will be designed and equipped so that spaces can more easily be re-purposed in the future as needs change.
Location / Venue
- 112 W 5th St
- Bonham, TX 75418
Campaign to Support Fannin County Childrens Center
The Fannin County Children’s Center has been serving abused and neglected children since 1993. Our mission is promoting safety and improving the lives of abused and neglected children. Our programs include CASA, Children’s Advocacy Center and child abuse prevention. CASA, which stands for Court Appointed Special Advocates, recruits community volunteers to be advocates for children in foster care. The Children’s Advocacy Center facilities a multidisciplinary team of public and private agencies involved in the investigation, prosecution and treatment of child abuse.